4 Risks You May Have Missed
Each day in the world, dozens of stories relating to risk have the potential to affect you and your business.
But while the topics may be trending, not everyone appreciates the insurance industry angle. Leader’s Edge has reported on these four headline-making topics specifically from the lens of the insurance community.
- Climate Change: While the Bank of England launched a stress-test aimed on the financial effects of climate change, several insurance brokers signed the Principles for Sustainable Insurance committing to help clients transition to net-zero emissions by 2050.
Here’s our coverage: The Business of Climate Change.
- Public Health Reforms: As the Supreme Court rejected a challenge to the Affordable Care Act, multiple states are considering implementing a public health insurance option by conducting research on budget neutral public option models as well as state-led investments.
Check out The Next Wave of State Healthcare Reform.
- Tax Proposals: President Biden’s plan for $3.6 trillion in tax increases on wealthy Americans and big corporations is looming, so what does The Council’s Government Affairs team think about it?
Read Joel Wood’s take in A Trillion Here, A Trillion There.
- Down a Crypto Spiral: As the price of Bitcoin continues to tumble from its highs of $63,000, it is necessary to analyze the risks and opportunities that cryptocurrencies bring to the table.
We delve into the crypto landscape in Trillion-Dollar Trend or a Monetary Moment?
The Latest in Broker M&A
Looking for recent M&A action? Here are the latest deals from our industry Ticker!
- Gallagher continues international expansion via its acquisition of Canadian MGA Excess Underwriting Company as well as the acquisition of remaining shares of Swiss-based P/C broker, Hesse & Partner (June 15)
- AssuredPartners completed its 20th acquisition of 2021 with the purchase of Delaware’s insurance agency, BHI (June 11)
- Texas-based insurer USAA is set to buy car insurtech Noblr, which offers personalized car insurance based on continuous, real-time rates. (June 10)
- Alliant has completed its merger with Confie, the largest personal lines insurance distributor in the U.S. (June 9)