Mentors Building Momentum
Women outnumber men at entry-level positions across the insurance industry, making up approximately 85% of claims and processing clerks. But female representation in the C-suite falls to less than 20%, according to various research.
Here, we discuss the value gender equity can bring to an organization, from talent recruitment and retention to stronger culture and better collaboration for long-term success.
I frequently share these five lessons with others:
1. Relationships come first; results naturally follow.
2. The most important job you have is the one you have.
3. There is value to being “in the slow cooker.” Don’t move too fast. Take the time to grow and develop in your career.
4. Earn your way up the corporate ladder; don’t force it.
5. Keep perspective and don’t let your career be the only thing that defines you. Every role you play, personally and professionally, is valuable and should be prioritized.